dimanche 31 août 2014

Anemones-Back to the Basics

When I got a marine aquarium, I made it my goal to eventually create a reef system. I think the time is ripe to add the first addition to my currently reef-less system. A couple qestions about the nems........



No matter how hard I research, there's always conflicting information about anemone care. First off, what are the proper basic water conditions for nems? Are they similar to other invertebrates? Secondly, what should I expect from the anemone? Is it supposed to wander around or stay still? Should they somtimes detach and float around the tank? Lastly, what nem do you recommend and why? I'm thinking either a BTA or Haitian anemone, which is a kind of condylactus. Are there special care requirements for any anemone?



Tank stats: 90 gallon aquarium running for one year, asm skimmer in sump, two koralia 850 powerheads, monthly 40% water changes

Ammonia:0

Nitrite:0

Nitrate: 13-15ish ppm

1 yellow tang, 2 bangaii cardinals, 1 black ocellaris clown, 1 lyretail anthias

Thanks for responding to my long and noobish thread.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire