dimanche 31 août 2014

Going LARGE

Hi all, as I am pretty new here I just wanted to ask for some input on my upgrade. I Bought a used Marine land 265 gallon tank and stand yesterday!!!!! It was my 50th birthday gift to my self. :)



I presently have a 155 gallon flat back hex acrylic tank with a butcher block oak stand that I built. The stand weighs 3 times what the tank does- very elegant and very heavy. Any way as Tencore is out of business I have no idea what my 155 gallon set up is worth- I am only asking as I am try to offset some of the cost for the new 265.



My first question with regards to the 265 is should I cycle the tank with new SW or should I use my old tank water and then add the additional new SW. As there is 110 gallon difference would this be detrimental to my live stock?



The ML tank has corner over flows, should I run two sumps and a center return tank? So many ideas are going thru my head I just don't know where to start. I want to prioritize this build in an affordable way yet have a killer system. BTW, my present set up is in it's tenth year, I was told it is known as a lagoon reef- I like this tank I just need more room for my critters. Been reading a lot and I have come across what is known as "old tank syndrome" could this be a problem for me?



Any ideas? :beer:



Thanks




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire