samedi 30 août 2014

LED string acting up

I built an LED system 2 1/2 years ago and all has been well until today. I have a 4 strings (2 blue and 2 white) with each string driven by its own driver. I also have a Typhoon dimmer wired in. The problem is one of my white strings is only firing up to about 10% power. I swapped drivers with the other white string and still the lights barely came on. That pretty much eliminates a bad driver. I did notice about a month ago that one of the lights in the center of the string was out but all the others in the string were lighting normally. That seems like a bulb issue with that one light. If it was a wiring issue (loose or disconnected) the whole string would go out because they are in series.



It is going to be a pain to take the lighting fixture in and out so I would like to get a good handle on what needs to be done before I pull everything apart.



Can somebody throw some ideas my way. I am thinking (hoping) that the dead LED is the reason. That is a relatively easy fix but why was the string running okay for a month with that LED out?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire