dimanche 31 août 2014

ICH, New Fish, and methods and head spinning!

Talk about feeling in over my head! I'm only a week and a half into my empty cycling tank and I'm already afraid adding any fish period in 3-5 weeks!! It seems like every fish might have ich or some kind of disease when they leave the LFS according to all these threads.



I picked up a 10 G QT tank yesterday to setup but it seems the TTM is better (got all the info I need so far from saltcreepette thanks again). I read people quarantine their fish 8 weeks no matter what but at the same time say use meds as a last resort.



I guess I'm still confused. So we want to QT our fish to make sure they are disease free, however if they do have diseases we want to use meds last? I think I've got that the TTM is for when they have ich but it also seems like you should just do it with a new fish no matter what (seems like it would add more stress than just a trip from the LFS).



I haven't started my QT because I don't know if I should if I'm gonna be using TTM. Am I right in that its best to have a full time QT running and let's say my fish has Ich, I can just do TTM to fix that disease? Or of there is no ich but there is velvet, I can treat in the QT to get them better?



I'm already stressed out and I don't have a single fish yet! I want to keep my DT as clean as possible from disease and chemicals.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire