jeudi 28 août 2014

Breaking the myth about mixing clowns

I want to break the myth about mixing different clowns in the same tank. I have a 66 gallon tank that has been up for a year. I started my tank last July and decided to make it a predominantly clown and anemone tank.



I've always thought the Fire Clown fish are cute, so are the Pink skunks. I also like the variance in Ocellaris clowns, particularly the platinum/Picasso/snowflake.



After two months in when the tank became stable, I introduced a pair of Snowflake Ocellaris, Fire, Clarkii, and Skunk all at the same time. They were confused for about the first 8 hours. The next day I awoke to a peaceful tank where the all the clowns happily coexist. Off all of them, the Skunk and Fire are the two most dominant ones.



Despite having two large Riterri nems, the Skunks wouldn't let any other clowns but themselves occupy them, where the Fire clowns claimed all four rose bubble tips. Leaving the Clarkii and Snowflake clowns without nems to host in.



I did have one medium carpet at one point, which the Snowflake took to their liking, but the carpet hem was short-lived. So instead now, the Snowflakes host the electric starburst polyps, which started out merely 4"x3" but now spread all over the rock, and they occasionally hosting in the pulsating pink Xenia.



I have a small sebae anemone, which the Clarkii clowns remain uninterested but happy not having any to nem to host in, nor did they attempted to host my two large elegance corals.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire