vendredi 29 août 2014

Is it safe to use a bent piece of aluminum as a crossbar

My 55 gallon tank crossbar broke and I heard I can bend a two inch wide piece of aluminum to make a crossbar. So I did it and it's been working so far. It goes an inch and a half across the trim where it's bent on both sides. But I didn't bend it in all the way flat against the trim so it's only grabbing by the edge of the trim on bothe sides. I don't think i measured it long enough so I'm afraid to bend the ends in more. The tank doesn't bow out anymore though. Should I remeasure a longer piece and make it flat on both sides or just buy a new frame. Or if it safe the way it is. I measeured the diameter in the center and the end of the tank to see how far it bows and it's only like an eighth of an inch. Let me know what's good thanks. I'll add a pic if I need to. I'm new to this site so gotta figure it out.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire