vendredi 29 août 2014

I feel like such an idiot

So I've been buying corals and putting them in my tank for years. They start out looking really good and then slowly fad to a blah color. It happens over months though so I never really "noticed" it. I just assumed it was different lighting in the LFS and it just appeared to look different.



Anyways yesterday I bought a module to control my AI LEDs and I was playing with the intensities. I turned them up quite a bit and I really liked the color in my tank. I was worried about light intensity though so I started doing some research on lighting intensity. I then came to the realization that all my corals were turning brown due to too little light. I was running my LEDs at 45% intensity.



I can't believe it's taken me this long to realize that my once beautiful colors no longer look the way they used to. After reading thread after thread I looked at my tank and went "man everything in my tank is so brown looking". I feel like such an idiot :D




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire