dimanche 1 juin 2014

Shark Tank Help!!

New here and needing to get some shark tank info! I am SO lost and am looking to self educate further than what my knowledge is.



I am an animal behaviorist and have ALWAYS been fascinated with the species. I am interested in having a Bamboo Shark aka Cat Shark. I have heard SO MANY different opinions including size requirements for this shark. I have heard people using 55 gallons (seriously!?) all the way to 100+. Does ANYONE have experience here with Bamboo Sharks? I want to know I am being responsible with my set up and do it PROPER before I go purchasing an animal and endanger a beautiful creature. I am NOT in this for amusement at a shark's expense.



What is an appropriate set up? I have ordered a 220 gallon tank and would like to know if this is MORE than sufficient, and if it can safely accommodate one Bamboo Shark at maturity? I have been told two can safely and happily thrive and live in a 220 gallon but I think this would be just slightly more than enough for 1. They are not active sharks and are very light sensitive creatures.



PLEASE HELP ME HERE! Also if anyone is in Atlanta Georgia and could give pointers on someone to assist monthly with up keep please let me know. I need all hands of advice I can hold and am NOT going to be offended for constructive criticism. My husband and I want to do this right and with out possibility of hurting a shark.



Thank you!!



Elise and Jon




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire