lundi 2 juin 2014

Questions from a newbie - cycling, mods, etc

Hello everyone! I'm just getting into the hobby so I apologize for my lack of extensive knowledge.



I just bought a used Biocube 29. It came with upgraded LEDs, return pump, and powerhead. I plan on adding a media basket and possibly a tunze 9002 skimmer, if anyone has any opinions on whether those are necessary I'd love to hear.



My main question on this thread though is about the cycle. The person I bought the tank from had just taken it down that day so there was still coraline all over the back wall. He kept once piece of live rock in some water from his tank that I transferred into my set-up. I set the tank up the very next day with probably about 1/3 water from his tank and 2/3 new saltwater. I used the live rock from his tank as well as a few other pieces I purchased. The only thing completely new is the Hawaiian Black live sand I put in there. I know it's a hard thing to guesstimate, but does anyone have any idea how long the cycle might take considering it has so many elements from when it was previously established? My local fish stores are all far away and I haven't had the chance to buy a test kit so I don't have any levels to share but I will post them when I do. Thanks in advance for any help!!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire