dimanche 19 avril 2015

Decorator crab found my new zoanthids

So as some of you may know I finally got my first few corals and yesterday I got some fire and ice zoanthids. My wife made me get a decorator crab, because she thought it was cool several months ago. He didn't care about any of the corals I put in the tank until I added the zoanthids. He IMMEDIATELY, went to them. Within an hour I noticed he was standing on top of them.. But he seemed to walk away without any. Went to bed, woke up and found him this morning with like 8 polyps attached to him. I thought to myself. "WHAT A D***K! " But, I knew this would happen. I knew he would steal them, but I got them anyway. I mean, it's pretty cool that they're on him, and seem relatively unbothered attached to his body. They stay open on him for the most part throughout his movements in the tank. In my mind, I envisioned my decorator crab eventually having coral attached to him.. But once I whitnessed it.. I was like "Wait... That was expensive."



Later on, I put a seaweed snack in the tank for the fish.. I noticed the crab came out of hiding, zoanthids and all, and I seen he was trying to climb the glass(I had the seaweed up high). Well... My wife says "Put it closer to him", I do.. He takes the WHOLE PIECE AND SHOVES IT IN HIS MOUTH AND RUNS! I was like "Oh my god.. This guy is really expensive!. LOL



So.. Do any of you guys have decorator crabs and zoanthids, and find that your zoanthids are fine, regardless of it's picking.. Should I be concerned?



Any chance the zoanthids actually grow on the decorator crab himself? That would be interesting!





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire