lundi 27 avril 2015

Migrating to new reef tank

I moved into my new house about a month ago, and I convinced my Fiance we should get a bigger tank to setup and it would be easier that way. :-) (commence tank upgrade dance)

We had to get the wood stand repaired, but currently the tank is up and running. I'm housing all my livestock and most of my LR in a temporary 20 gallon tank until the 120 is ready for them. I had to put some of my LR in a tub with a heater and PH for about three weeks, and only a turbo snail. Pretty sure there is some die off since there was almost no bio load.

Now the 120 has been up 48 hours, and I think I have .25 - .5 ammonia, but nitrite and nitrates are 0. I'm wondering what my process should be here.

Most of my LR is in the 20 gal, and it is properly cured. Should I move everything to The tank now so the bulk of the good rock can process the ammonia? Ir should I move some of the rock to the tank and hold off?

My concern is if I let it go too long the bacteria in the 120 will starve, creating a bigger problem. I was also thinking I could toss in a shrimp to feed the bacteria and just wait for everything to zero out before moving the livestock and the rest of the rock over.
Sand is New live sand from the LFS.
Didn't save any sand to seed with but I'm dosing MicroBactir7 daily.

Any advice offered is appreciated.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire