lundi 20 avril 2015

Water - would you???

For those of you who have read my recent post you know that i've setup a new 90gal semi-reef which may go full blown once I get my feet under me.

Trying to be a good soldier with water changes I'm considering buying a 275 gallon water container and put it in my garage. From there I can get 0 tds water delivered for $1 gallon and keep about 200 / 225 gallons on hand.

I know lots make their own and i used to do the same. My issue was buying salt, time it took to make 40 gallons, location of water barrel etc.

My thought is if I do this then it's pretty easy when it's time to do a minor change the water is there. When it's time to do a major change the water is there. All I've got to do is drop a pump and water line and wala it's there.

So my question. If you had the option to do this would you?

Do you think the cost of $1 gallon delivered is reasonable vs buying RO/DI unit ( $200 / $250 ) salt ( about 30 cents per gallon ), water, time, etc etc etc?

I figure I just drop a pump in the container to leave running to circulate...


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire