mardi 21 avril 2015

Thinking about bio pellets

Hello,

I have a 50 gallon reef tank that has been running about 4 years. I have had my ups and downs but it has been doing pretty good lately. My nitrates and phosphates remain mostly undetectable when I test with Red Sea test kits. I do run a phosphate reactor to keep my phosphates low. I have been thinking about trying bio pellets. I have tried carbon dosing to the display, but ran into some issues and I don't really like dosing the display. I would like to hear some pros and cons of bio pellets. I don't have a sump and run a reef octopus BH1000 HOB skimmer. Does anyone currently run bio pellets with a HOB skimmer? How is it working? How do you run the reactor output to your skimmer? Do you just get it close to the intake? Also am I supposed to take phosphate media offline before running the pellets?

Any information is much appreciated.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire