dimanche 2 novembre 2014

St.Louis city museum has saltwater tanks!

And they look horrible! I mean I haven't seen tanks in such poor shape! There were probably around 20 diff tanks in there and every single one was horrible. The only thing that did look good was there were no tangs in small tanks. They have plenty of big ones, not very many 90g and below but every single tank has cyano I believe. I couldn't get a good look at the dark growths on the rock and sand since all the saltwater tank lights were off. But I being a grown man walked out of the exhibit almost in tears. There was algae all over the place. The tanks that did still have fish I could barely look in because you can't see through algae. They had a tank that had fish info sheets of about 10 different fish, probably a good 20-30ft tank and a good 6ft deep and 4ft high, but no fish... Just algae... It was horrible. Absolutely horrible.



I asked for contact info for the director, the guy working gave me the number leading to the exhibit, I doubt I'll be able to get ahold of him/her but I'm going to try. The guy said it was a non for profit type thing.. I am in a lil trouble with the law right now and I have plenty of community service hours coming to me so maybe I can work something out so I can give my time to these people and help straighten some things out over there..



Sorry I don't have any pictures of the tanks, I went into the exhibit alone and didn't have a camera on me, but I'll be making a trip back there soon.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire