dimanche 2 novembre 2014

First sump questions

I was wondering if the group can give me some pointers here. I currently have a 20 gallon setup where I am using HOB filtration and a HOB refugium. I'd like to turn one of the unused 10 gallon tanks I have into a sump, but here is my dilemma.



The 20 is not drilled, and I don't want a HOB overflow. That said I'm looking at overflow kits at glass-holes.com because I am planning to drill it myself. I'm torn with what size kit to get because I'm planning on getting a 55 gallon one day, at which point I'm hoping to possibly be able to re-use the overflow kit.



They have a 700gph kit which should be adequate for a 55, and I'm thinking maybe I can use that on my 20 and later a 55. However, my skimmer pump and return pump for the 20 will be more like 250 gph, and I don't know if that will be a problem for the larger plumbing I will be using for the 700 gph kit.



My main reason for this strategy is to avoid buying 2 hole saws, 2 overflow boxes, bulkheads,etc.



Any input is greatly appreciated.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire