samedi 1 novembre 2014

One clown died, how to keep the second happy?

Hi all, im a long time reader, first poster to the forums.

Iv had a very unfortunate few days with my tank.

Let me start by introducing my tank.

In our tank we have 2 percula clowns, one golden headed sleeper goby, and a small clean up crew (2 snails and 2 hermit crabs), then there is a few kg of live rock and a bed of live sand.



So the bad part started when I cracked my original tank. The crack went halfway down so I lost a heap of water over the bedroom floor, so as quickly as I could I found a new tank (the next afternoon) and in the mean time laid the filter down and kept the lights on half. So after a lot of researching started the process of moving our aquarium inhabitants to their new home. We made the process as quick and as stress free for our fish as possible.



So for The last 2 days in the new tank they had settled in well and were back to usual activities, which was much sooner than I expected.

Thismorning when turning the lights on I found my male clown had jumped out of the water onto the splash stopper (small gap on the side he must have jumped up).



He wasn't alive when I found him.



So now we have our female left in the tank and I'm not sure what to do next.

I don't want to feel like we are just replacing him but at the same time I don't want her to fret from loosing her mate.



What is the best way to introduce another clown to the tank?



Thanks in advanced.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire