vendredi 7 novembre 2014

Help, buying a new skimmer

At present time I am running a SeaClone100. We picked this up when we decided to open up the tank again about 18 months ago. The price was right at the time but now it is just being a pill. I have replace the pump and the impeller once and just started noticing some water leaking out around the black collars that holds everything together on the large tube that makes up the skimmer.



I am looking at picking up a new Skimmer and was going to pick this up because I can just go get it and get it running. That skimmer would be Coralife Super Skimmer Needle Wheel Protein Skimmer for up to a 65 gallon tank.



I have a 55 gallon tank with 7 live fish swimming around with about 20 pound on Live Rock. I don't want overkill but I also want something that going to work correctly. We have plans on adding some more life to the tank along with up to 100 pounds of live rock. Maybe not 100 pounds but I am looking at into getting 80 pounds for $80.00 today. Question is should I buy the Skimmer or should I go larger like the 125? I don't have a sump so I have to go with the HOB style.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire