vendredi 7 novembre 2014

Powerhead question

I have a question for some experienced reef-keepers in terms of powerheads. I have a few "canary" corals in my 40b (has a 20g sump with protein skimmer, macro, 80 lb display LR+20 lb rubble in sump, approx 420 GPH return pump, 6x35W 36" T5HO bulb ballasts). A ricordea, a sun coral, and a two plugs, one with a finger of stag acropora, one with a small piece of candy cane). Certainly, if I want corals to be successful, I need some more flow in the tank. The return pump is plenty for my protein skimmer and heater capacities, and I would like to introduce some powerheads to allow for some more flow/turbulence in the tank. Since it's only 40G, I was looking at 4 nano powerheads (~200 GPH apeice) set at different angles for flow and turbulence, rather than the more standard-sized 800 GPH beasts. Thoughts?



Cheers,

Jason

:beer:




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire