dimanche 19 avril 2015

Ok, so heres a really dumb question

Before I go all out and give my lfs (chain of stores in the uk called dobbies) a piece of my mind. I need to just ask and confirm. "Should Ro water bought from a store have nitrates in it?"



I ask because I have been fighting nitrates bad recently. We're talking 60-80's (and my refugium was @ 100+) Currently my tank is doing fine for now but i've been doing twice weekly water changes in an effort to drop it. I had a mad algae bloom last week with hair algae assaulting the whole tank but its mostly cleared now.



I got a fresh api test kit as well as a second test kit by another manufacturer and both are showing nitrates in my fresh ro water. Last months ro water that i just finished (and chucked a good 10 gallons of away) had about 40ppm + in it and the 50 gallons i bought yesterday all have 20-30ppm in it.



I was about to do a change today but dont know if i will bother now. Problem is the lfs isnt exactly local so i have to drive a good 40 mins each way just to get water.



Edit: this is all un salted and im using the freshwater colour cards




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire