mercredi 22 avril 2015

Bait shop reef (nsw)

Been working on my tank at work and results have been good so far.

http://ift.tt/1GjOgzQ



Tank stats;

20 gal long 10 gal sump
lighting two 36 inch t5s. Ten hour light cycle.

Inhabitants;
Two yellow tail damsels various LPS and softies. On monti cap frag.

Flow; One koralia 450 nano and split return from sump running around 250 to 300 GPH.

No carbon. No GFO. No skimmer

I started the tank with natural sea water that is pumped into the bait shop from the pass here in Florida. Conditions permitting which is about every day I fill the sump to capacity with new sea water. About three gallons. Let it mix in and then take sump back down to half full. Knowing my luck the power will go out one day while the sump is filled max.

I had my reservations about using this water but it has been a success so far. There has been almost no algae growth in this tank. No ugly stage and no diatom phase. I don't even scrap the glass but once a week. LPS in particular seem to love this water. Maybe I finally have a tank that I can keep acan alive in.;) Never could do it with reef crystals.

It also has a unique cooling system. The sump shares a wall with a walk in freezer that leeks cool air directly onto it. This combined with a fan blowing on the sump brings the temp down nicely in our hot Florida weather. There is no AC in this shop.


By the way guys; This tank and about 50 percent of the rock was exposed to copper to preemptively treat fish before they went into my home tank. Yes; you can remove copper from tanks and rock and create a reef with tank with them.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire