samedi 8 novembre 2014

Contemplating removing canister filter tomorrow-thoughts?

I'm thinking of either removing my canister filter altogether, or removing all of the media and having it be a fancy powerhead, what are your thoughts? Tank specs are below, but I noticed after 4 months I started battling nitrates and have a problem with Cyano. I'm wondering if the canister is to blame, setting up a sump is a non-option.



Tank specs:

Running for about 5-6 months now. 3 small fish, 2 snails. Will be adding another fish and trying some shrimp out again shortly.

30 gallon tank

2 koralia powerheads(one 250 one 425 gph rating)

new counter current skimmer(lee's protein skimmer)

fluval 206 canister filter

30lbs live rock



Open to all advice, I don't want to make a bad decision and kill the tank here....




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire