samedi 29 avril 2017

Need Advise

HI All, So last night my Fluval 306 running my 44 gallon upright failed for the third time. Only this time i lost 4 gallons on my floor and took about 1/2 hour to get it started again. I replaced the half the media right after my cycle and once again a week ago. I've cleaned it entirely twice already and it's only been running since February, so I know it's not dirty. But I can't take the failing... So...... I've looked into setting up a sump. I only have enough room in my cabinet on one side of it for a 5.5 gallon tank to act as Sump. My tank being a Fluval freshwater tank it's not drilled. So I'm thinking of doing a DIY over flow into the 5.5 tank. Now I want to use a filter sock then have it flow through bio balls then through carbon then through a sponge covering the 450 gph return pump. So.... My question is... is it feasible to run my reef on a 5.5 gallon sump? In my set up you'll see there's not much room behind the system so I've only got the compartment that I've shown.. And I also do not want to tear it apart to start over that's for sure because my corals are doing very well and don't want to wreck that!! OR Should I get the Fluval FX4 which is overkill to run it??

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: Current system.jpg Views: N/A Size: 31.9 KB ID: 154882   Click image for larger version Name: Inside Cabinet.jpg Views: N/A Size: 48.7 KB ID: 154890   Click image for larger version Name: Behind.jpg Views: N/A Size: 39.4 KB ID: 154898  



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire