samedi 29 avril 2017

Duncan coral help

I am having some issues with my Duncan coral that I got last Saturday from a frag show. This is my first time with corals, so I am unsure how to approach this particular situation.

I currently have 6 corals in the tank: pulsing xenia, torch, duncan, toadstool, and two zoas (sunny d's and smurfettes). They are all doing fantastic, besides the duncan. I knew the torch would be a harder coral, but it is doing the best of all of them.

I have had many issues with my Duncan. I could not get it to open fully for a while, even though all of my other corals had opened. I finally found a spot where it was happy, and it opened up and looked great. But, I have really sucky emerald crabs that keep harassing it, but they only go after the Duncan coral. They pick at it, and have total knocked it into the sandbed over ten times this week. I am not always home when this happens, so it can be left in the sand for a few hours.

Then the Duncan fell off of its frag plug. I tried to put it in the same place as before, but it was less secure. However, it was happy and opened up fully again. Then it got knocked off three more times.

It has not opened up in the past day, and has lost some color (although it is hard to tell because its a pale purple and I can't see the green mouth/ stem when it is closed up and in the rock.

Im sure its halfway stressed to death- thats certainly the cause.

Is there anything I can do to bring it back? How do I tell if and when it dies? I might be getting rid of my emerald crabs. I honestly hate them. They trample and pick at the other corals and fight with my flameback angel.

What should I do? I currently have it in the same spot as it was this whole week and where it was the happiest. We shall see what tomorrow brings.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire