vendredi 21 avril 2017

Sump Question or Issue

Added a 10 gallon sump on to my 10 gallon tank. It was running good until today when I did a water change.

From what I can tell, I filled my sump back up to the line I drew when I initially filled it. When I shut the pump off it does fill right to that line. My issue is the water level in the sump is higher now in the sump after the water change. I know this becasue I drew a secondary line on the sump in the pump section of where the water level is while running. It now runs a full inch above that line.

My question is how can this be and should I draw another line to where the level is now? I dont mind it being different other than this would really mess up an auto top off system that I am going to add in the future.

When I changed the water I did siphon off the top of my sand bed and then siphoned the rest of the water out of the sum. When refilling, I added water to the display tank and let it drain down the overflow until the water level in the sump was where I had marked it.

Also, after all this, I tried to adjust the water level in my DT by raising the over flow box a bit. This casues my pump to drain all the water from the pump section of the sump and I have to move the box back down to corrent it.

I have the Eshopps PF Nano overflow and a sicce 1.5 pump for a return. I do know the pump flow is rated higher than the overflow box flow rate. I dialed the Sicce all the way back.

Another thought was I just have straight plumbing for everything. I have no valvesm just flexible tubing. My thought was get the next lower Sicce pump for the sump and use the 1.5 for water changes. Or get a a gate valve and dial back the flow from the pump to the tank. My thought is this would prevent the pump from pumping all the water from te sump when I raise the over flow... Or a lesser pump would ot as well?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire