vendredi 28 avril 2017

500 Freshwater Gallons/issues and a bit of help please

So as I moved to our new house, that gave me chance to get a new aquarium. I gave up my 120 gallon, traded it and all it had in, and started to look. This was a few months ago by now, and in that time I found the store of Aquatics and Exotics here in Ohio. Bit of a drive for me, but there, I found a once in a decade find.

Someone paid to have a 500 gallon aquarium made, that is eight foot long, four feet deep, and two feet tall. Apparently the guy who wanted it put a payment down on it, and he was going to put Piranhas in it. He eventually backed out though for reasons he never revealed. Since he lost his deposit, this aquarium, which should be like 4500$, was only for sale for 3000$ and possibly cheaper because the store really wanted to get rid of it as it took up a lot of space.

Welp, I'm that guy who bought it. I had to take out loan to do it, but I did. It bought it, and he even drilled it and put in an overflow box for free. I also paid to have a 75 gallon sump built, which barely fits under the stand.

Now its been some time since I bought it, so I done plenty of things already. To start with, I got substrate in the form of Caribsea Sand, I got some rocks, one piece of driftwood, and the water is in the aquarium.

Now I'm at a standstill on one or two things. The biggest issue thus far is getting lights that are big enough to light up the whole aquarium. No one really carries a light that can cover an 8 foot aquarium. Four foot lights, and even 72 inch light strips, but this got tricky.

So now i'm looking for a solution to my light issue. I plan to maybe get plants at some point, so I need lights that can do that.

I'll be sure to get pictures at some point too, to show this thing off.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire