lundi 17 avril 2017

Live rock needed, per fish?

So I am transferring my fish, rock and corals in my 75 into my 175. Some rocks I don't want to take over. I would also like to transfer it all in two big sections.

So the questions is how much live rock must I keep to keep the new tank from starting a cycle? I do have pure marine block as well in the sump. I know they state that the marine blocks has enough surface around for 1000 gallon tank....?

Would I would like to do is transfer a couple fish over along with the shrimp first with about half of the rock. Then this weekend complete the transfer of the rest of the fish (the faster and smarter ones) with the rest of the rock that I want to keep.

I had about 85 pounds of live rock and one pure marine block in the 75. I am looking at only transferring about 55 pounds of rock into the 175. I already have 125 pounds of reef saver rock in the 175.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire