lundi 24 avril 2017

Problem with 1 year old reef tank

I currently have had my tank up running for just over a year now and for the last few weeks I have been battling a spike in hair algae and now some sort of slime algae.
I have a 65 gallon tank with Radion gen4 leads and reef octopus skimmer. I also started running gfo about 2 weeks ago. When the algae got bad I began doing a water change every day for about 2 weeks straight and the tank started looking great again. I slacked for about a week and did a water change and the tank started getting worse. My normal water change schedule was weekly.

Starting a few days ago the hair algae turned into slime covering everything. I have done two 10 gallon water changes the last two days but all of my corals are closed up completely. I have mostly LPS and a few polyps.

Water parameters I tested yesterday all looked good.

Ammonia =0
Nitrite=0
Nitrate =5
Phosphate=0

I did not check Calc and mag since I think something else is going on and those levels should be fine with the frequency of water changes.

I was fine battling the algae but now all of my corals are closed and losing color. Should I shut down the gfo or is there another issue?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: 14930775155111882471117_1493077644256.jpg Views: N/A Size: 50.6 KB ID: 154618  


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire