vendredi 28 avril 2017

5 gal to a 20 gal long! Stocking help needed

Hey Y'all!

So i've recently gotten into the Saltwater hobby and loved it! Started with a 5 gal tank i got for free; and kept 5lbs of live rock, a ocellaris clown, blue damsel, and 4 hermit crabs. The tank was a little over stocked, but the water was turned over 20-25 times an hour with weekly water changes. Everyone said it cant be done, well, I did it. Ran great and fish were always happy, but it was time to upgrade!

Side note: I assume I got lucky with the damsel, as everyone says they are horrible fish. This one is a little ski-dish, but him and the clown are best buds.

I bought a 20L tank, and am running the Marineland Penguin 350B (17.5 turnover), top fin powerhead (likely to small, but worried about going to big), Ehiem 100W heater (awesome heater, wont ever get a different one!), and a Marineland LED (plan on getting a Coralife LED soon). Stocked with 8lbs of live rock, 20 lbs of dry rock, the clown and damsel, the 4 hermits (3 red, 1 blue), small GSP frag, mushroom frag, and a zoa frag. I used two bottles of Instant Ocean Bio-Spira to speed up the cycle; which worked great!

I'm am going to give it another week or two, but its gonna be time to get another fish. I really want something that will swim around a lot. I was thinking maybe a Flame Angel, but I hear it is hit or miss with their reef compatibility. Any suggestions for a new tank-mate?

Also, would a 3-4 stripe damsel be compatible with my damsel? I love their color, but I have a feeling they will not enjoy each other.


I'll try to upload a pic, but it might not show up.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: 20L tank.jpg Views: N/A Size: 72.3 KB ID: 154818  


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire