mercredi 26 avril 2017

To dose or not to dose?

I have two SW biocubes and have a difficult time keeping corals. In my 29 I do have good luck with cabbage coral (too much), mushrooms and hammers. I tend to run high with nitrates probably due to feeding too much. Recently a friend came over to test for more than my usual testing and found the phosphates were 2.5, alkalinity 6.2 and calcium 320, the magnesium was fine at 12.80. His suggestions were to use GFO, magnesium, phosphate and Reef code A&B from Brightwells.
My 14 BC tested magnesium 780 and calcium 370, it also tests fine for PH, ammonia, nitrites but high with nitrates. I've never dosed my tanks by adding chemicals. I do water changes on both tanks 7-10 days with my own RO water and use Instant Ocean at 1.026. Needless to say I'm nervous.
Are chemicals the way to go? Thank you for comments


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire