jeudi 27 avril 2017

Nitrate reduction

Ok so I am battling a nitrate issue. I was running higher than 160PPM. I am dong the vodka thing. In addition, before doing that I added a piece of live rock that had some macro algae (I don't know the kinds). Now I am on day 6 and I am already seeing nitrates decrease to somewhere between 160 and 80. But I am having a major micro algae bloom which I expected. And the live rock is now getting bubbles all over it.

Is what I think is happening, happening. Is the bacteria now producing nitrogen gas from the nitrates and that is what I am seeing?

Will I be able to get my micro algae problem under control when I can get the Nitrates down?

And on a final note I am seeing my PH creep up. it has gone from 8.0 to about 8.6. What can I do to buffer that?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire