vendredi 21 avril 2017

New Sump Design, need input/criticism

Hello everyone,

Please see Attachment for my sump design.

Here are the key ideas of my sump:

- No Filter Sock, use Sponge instead. (I find it easier to change sponge in this design)
- But the Sponge filtering happens AFTER protein skimmer for 2 big reasons:
Reason 1. Get must crap out of the system before it builds up in the sponge (less will decompose into the water)
Reason 2. The sponge will catch the micro bubbles, so I save space for not having to add 2 more baffles (4" saved in total) to trap micro bubbles. The Fuge will have macro algea to catch the bigger bubbles, and the final double baffle will help a bit before water returns.

This makes total sense to me, but I've never seen this before which indicates I'm likely missing something.
I'm about to glue!

Please let me know if you see any major issue!!

Thank you so much guys!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: Sump V2.jpg Views: N/A Size: 76.9 KB ID: 154305  


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire