lundi 17 avril 2017

Advice on ich treatment plans

I've been battling ich now since Nov in my 230 g tank. I've tried pretty much everything to eradicate it. I tried the reef safe treatments, picked up uv sterilizers and even tried the experimental hydrogen peroxide "cure" and increased it up to 1:1 without any effect over a couple of months when the ich started killing off half my fish. This just doesn't work http://ift.tt/2oG0gGy

At this point I think I have no other choice except a copper treatment or hypo. I need the ich gone. I still have several fish, inverts, cc starfish, and some softies to sort out. I had been planning to trap the fish and leave the DT fishless for a few months but I only have a 20 g hospital tank to treat them in.
Here's the fish I need to treat:
-5 blue-green chromis
-3 fire fish
-1 yellow wrasse
-1 cleaner wrasse
-1 fairy wrasse

Resources:
20 g HT/QT
78 g DT- currently fully stocked with fish/snails. My yellow tang won't let any fish move in there but there is some space.

Today I went to my LFS to try to pick up a trap to catch the fish (which of course they don't stock) the guy I spoke to got me thinking of a couple of alternate plans which I'd like some feedback on....

PLAN A-It would be way faster to catch the inverts and coral and move them out and treat the 230 g DT with copper.

PROS: I don't think it would be kind to keep all the fish in a 20 g HT for a few months to treat them. I have a 78 g DT which could hold the coral and inverts instead. but everything else would be ok.
Questions:
1. I'm not sure if copper would be completely removed by using carbon in the DT after the fish are treated. If I do this can the coral and inverts come back eventually?
2. Could the ich move into the 78 g on the coral/live rock? I don't need another tank infected.

PLAN B-I could go hypo on the DT but the coral and inverts would have to move out while this is going on.

PROS: Wouldn't leave a residue in the main tank, coral and inverts can go back in eventually.
Questions:
3. How long would hypo take to kill off ich? Would this take longer than the copper treatment?

PLAN C-Borrow a bigger tank from a friend instead for the HT.
Question:
4. Would you go with copper or hypo?
5. Do I move the fish or the inverts out?

Thanks for sticking with me this far and all your advice. I'll try to add some pictures of my tanks soon.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire