dimanche 4 septembre 2016

Newbie flow question

I struggling to get the flow "right" in my 10 gallon.
Yes I am new to this tank up for ~6 weeks but I've kept fresh water for years.
Yes tank is cycled in terms of ammonia -> nitrates

I'm trying to get the right "flow" for my tank and I keep vacillating on what is enough/too much.

I have 2 maxi-jet 400s and 1 maxi-jet 900. I have 1 400 power head in there right now. As you can see in the video below there is a bit of cyano in there which means my flow is too low???? (might also be phosphate though which was testing at 0.25ppm by API but I', bring that down now)

But when I move up the flow to wither the circulation pump on the 400 or up to the 900 power head I either see moving sand or it looks like I'm blasting the corals. Help????


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire