jeudi 1 septembre 2016

Low PH need help.

So, I might as well just lay it all out on the table. I battled brown jelly for 4 months and lost the battle. 90% of my corals are dead. I had a couple large leathers die while on vacation and didn't find out until 2 weeks after I got back. My rocks are bound of all sorts of phosphates. I'm sure the die off of my corals and those leathers polluted the tank My family way overfed the tank while I was away too. The fish are still fat and healthy. But corals are not surviving in my display. in the process of cooking my rock.

My tank is a 125G reef tank. Established in its current location for almost 2 years. I moved everything over from an established 90G tank of two years. Very little sand and I clean what little I have. Still do weekly 10% water changes. Does nothing. Upgraded my
Skimmer to one rated for a 400G tank. And pulls out thick dark skimate weekly. I get about 5/8 of a collection cup weekly, and it holds about 10 cups of fluid.


Salt level 1.026 tested with weekly calibrated refractometer. I have two refractometers for redundancy. And buy calibration fluid from two different sources and get the same result. Plus I usually misplace one and the second is a stand by.
My alk is 10.1 Red Sea test kit
Ca 450 Red Sea test kit
Mag 1500 Red Sea test kit
Nitrates @ 40ppm
PH @7.5 API test strips(I was desperate so I picked some up at the store after work)
No ammonia,
No nitrites,
No copper,
No stray voltage
No cleaning solutions are allowed in the basement without me approving t first included air freshener.

I am not dosing anything currently as I do not have enough coral in my display tank to justify it. My rocks have lots of algae on them. Lots of bubbles on the algae. Not dynoflagellets. It's all green. And not stringy like dyno is. Just bubbles of what I am thinking is co2. Building up along the back wall of the tank. I have had dynos before and have seen it a lot in other tanks. I don't think I am wrong. I am hoping that cooking my rocks will solve the issue. My tank is in a basement built into the wall with and open fish room Behind it. I have a large whole house dehumidifier in the basement 15ft away from the tank. It's rated for 2 times the square footage of my home.

Why is my alk high and PH low? I don't run any fans in the basement. Basement stays cool, and feels nice on these hot humid days. Do I need some fresh air? Fans blowing across the tank? And what does everyone reccomend for ph test kits and/or probes. Hopefully under $100 or close to it.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire