mercredi 14 septembre 2016

Hello - new to reeftank

Hi All,

I am from Chennai, India. In Jan 2016, I got a 13g nano marine tank and learnt a lot from it. I bought many fishes over the past several months and they died for various reasons - first the salinity level was wrong as I was using hydrometer which showed incorrect value. Then I got a refractometer and understood the nitrogen cycle. At one point I was having 6 fishes and three anemones, 1 hermit crab, 1 turbo snail. Later the fishes started dying due to the whitespot disease and lost all of the fishes. I have successfully kept bubbletip anemone, carpet anemone, hermit crab and snail for over 6 months which I feel as an achievement as I am a newbie to marine tank.

Now I have upgraded from nano tank to a bigger 90 gallon tank with live rock and live sand. It's been running over 3 weeks now. Last week, I transferred the anemones and crab from the nano tank to the big tank after checking the ammonia - 0 PMM, nitrite- 0 PPM, nitrate - 20 PPM. Btw, I used live bacteria strain to kickstart the cycle. After few days, I have also introduced 5 fishes. 1 Percula clown, 1 green chromis, 1 anthias, 1 bangaai cardinal, 1 electric blue damsel. It's been one week now, they are all healthy and taking feed. Ammonia is still 0, nitrite-0, nitrate-20 PPM.

btw the protein skimmer, motor(2500litre/hr), tank, sump tank, led light, cabinet were pre-owned and I got them for a good deal.

In the coming months, I am planning to keep corals and so will get a good lighting (Zetlight 6600), reef octopus protein skimmer, a good chiller (since it gets hotter in india during summer). Also one of my friend suggested to ditch the ceramic rings in the sump tank and go for refugium with cheeto algae which will keep the nitrates low if I want to keep corals.

Hope to get all your help to make my new hobby successful. Thank you.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160914_001.jpg (113.9 KB)
File Type: jpg 20160914_002.jpg (63.1 KB)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire