lundi 1 février 2016

Return pump sizing question

So I am upgrading my 100 gallon set up that came with everything, plumbing stand, internal overflow to a reef savvy 300 gallon custom aquarium. It has 2 ghost 20" overflows that each can handle 2000 gallons at full siphon. They offer no guidance on plumbing and don't sell the plumbing, shame, big business opportunity.

So of course I am going to need to hire a plumber I think to cut the pipe and plumb the tank for me.

All that said, if the overflows have a flow rate of 2000 gallons per hour, should the two pumps I purchase be 2000 gallons per hour or should they be less? I have heard if they are more, the tank will overflow. I plan on buying DC pumps so it seems I can adjust down or up as needed, but what are suggestions for return pump sizes based on that flow rate from the overflow of 2000 gallons per hour?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire