dimanche 28 février 2016

New aqua nano tank

Hi everyone,

I thought I'd create a thread of my new Aquanano 36 reef tank. This is my second marine tank. I previously had a 110 litre which I regrettably sold over a year ago. I decided to go smaller this time due to cost and ease of upkeep and purchased my aqua nano 36 around a month ago, second hand. Even though my 110 litre was small it was quite long and I didn't have the funds to be able to fill it with corals etc. the way that I would have liked to (I'm only a postman ). Plus the lighting on it was only T8 bulbs so I needed to invest in new lighting.

So, the aquanano 36 that I bought, came with a fluval reef light, back weir with everything built in (protein skimmer, pump and heater). I've tried to keep the cost down as much as possible and decided to go for second hand fiji live rock (which came with a few mushrooms and some green star polyps of which I scraped some off as they can get out of control - I do like them but in moderation), I bought 5.5 kilos of this. This is going to be my main biological filtration. I will be just running filter floss in the weir and possibly some phos remover and nitrate x. Plan on doing 5 litre a week water changes.

Along with the 1200 litre lph pump in the rear I'll also be using a power head for extra flow.

After finally deciding on where to put the tank in our room, I filled her up and here's a picture.



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire