vendredi 26 février 2016

Activated carbon in filter?

Quick question:

The Ehaim 9-gallon nano I have came with a filter that has a bio-media compartment in it. It came with a supply of bioballs to put in there. Reading up on it, however, I have been made aware that bioball media are typically nitrate factories. Considering the small size of the tank, I wanted to eliminate that as an issue, and from the recommendation of a co-worker with a couple very successful tanks, I purchased some larger activated carbon pellets to replace it.

My question is, with the carbon inside the filter (water column-->sponge-->filter media-->out again), is this going to present any issues? I wouldn't imagine it would, but I want to ask you guys in case there is something I missed.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire