samedi 27 février 2016

Been gone 5 years time to get back in. Help!!!

2011 was the last time I posted here and over the years with the help of many I made a pretty bad to the bones 36 gallon setup. I had all this fancy stuff and even made my own Cree LED setup with heat sink from the help of others here.

Life took over and I had to give the tank away as I was moving too much to keep the tank stable

I am finally settled again and I began to research tank setups. It appears a lot has changed in the last 5 years.

So I still want to go small. I have read good things about the JBJ 28 gallon pro and I want to go this route.

Some questions though:

1) Is there room for a protein skimmer? Or in these new setups is one not needed?

2) Man, I remember a sponge filter was a big no-no. Now all these all in ones have carbon, ceramic rings, and sponge filter. I know I wont need the ceramic rings because I will have live rock, but what about the carbon and filter?

3) Any negatives to these all in one tanks?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire