dimanche 28 février 2016

Advice Appreciated - Starting a 10g

Nitrate: 80 ppm
Nitrite: 4 ppm
Alkalinity: 180 ppm
pH: 7.4-7.8
SG: 1.025
Temp: 78F

10 Gallon
12 lbs of live rock
10 lbs of live sand
hob filter
Hydor koralia 240 power head
200w submersible heater

So I mixed my reef salt and distilled water in a garbage can following the directions. I measured the specific gravity and it was real high, about 1.033 or so, but I thought it was just because the water wasn't 77 degrees so I added it anyway. I added my sand and then rock and let everything run for a day. Today everything was pretty settled, but there were sand particles covering everything and it looks terrible, but the problem is the sg was still sky high at a perfect 78 degrees. So I did a 1 gallon water change using less salt this time and that brought the sg down to 1.025, but the pH dropped too low as you can see at the top.

Am I doing something wrong or was the specific gravity high when I measured it because of the sand particles in the water..?

I also don't understand the Nitrate and Nitrite levels being where they are. Do I already have some nitrogen cycle bacteria doing their jobs?
This is my first saltwater tank and I did a lot of research, but I may need some more help. :P Thanks in advance.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire