lundi 1 février 2016

Live rock prep for 90 gallon reef tank

So at the moment I have about 115 lbs of live rock. I got 75 of "live" rock from a friend and then 40 lbs from another person but its dried out and not in water. The 75 lbs I have in a big tub with a pump, heater and light on it. It seems to be doing well, it looks to have ONE little hermit crab cruising around, a super small snail and little tiny starfish looking things. The plan is to essentially let it "cook" while waiting to set up my tank. Which will be in about 3 months. So my question is do you guys think maybe I should buy a few more hermit crabs or anything to put in it? Nothing crazy like maybe 4 or 5...I dont know if that would help the rock out or not? Also I want to make the dead rock live...so I was hoping to put a little of the live stuff in the dead rock bucket and vise versa to split it up. Peoples thoughts on that. I dont plan on using all the rock of course...just taking the good pieces that I want and using those....


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire