vendredi 19 février 2016

Getting Better Colors in Coral

Hi all this is not exactly an easy question but I thought I would ask. Trying to gain some color in my corals. I'm running a 40 gallon breeder with 30 gal sump/refugium with cheato and clarapa. approx water volume is 58 gallons.
My hard SPS corals just don't seem that colorful and I feel there should be more. I have a few acros of unknown variety, a red planet, and a red montipora which seems to grow the fastest and retain the most color. Then for my LPS I have a bunch of frogspawn and then maybe a hammer??. I just noticed recently that the frogspawn that is closer to the bottom and partially shaded has deeper greens in the tentacles. So maybe I have to much light? Or should I maybe be feeding more?
Here's my parameters using salifert test kits
Temp:80
Salinty:1.025
PH: 7.7
dKH: 4.8 or 1.7 meq/L
Nitrates: 0
Calcium: 520
Phospatates <.25 PPM
Ammonia:0



Is this a hammer? or another frogspawn variety? Anyhow on the bottom part it is very plump rather than the top.


Here's a link to my blog I just wrote up.

Fire away


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire