samedi 24 mai 2014

Question OverFlow and Drain Line Capacity

I have been reading so much information about overflow and drain capacities, that I think I have began to second and third guess myself about my plan. So, I am seeking the advice of those who have "been there and done that". I am just about ready to start putting my 135gal tank in motion. I am only waiting for my weld-on 4 to arrive so I can begin gluing my sump (51gal). I am also planning to make my overflow box and I think I have settled on the decision of one without teeth (20" linear overflow size to achieve ~1300gph).



I have a Pondmaster Proline 3200gph pump that will be pushing through a 1-1/2" bulkhead, through my tank, and returning through a 1-1/2" bulkhead drain to the sump. My questioning begins, when I think about using my other 1" drain, either as an emergency (Herbie style) or as another drain to support the strong flow from the pump. If I decide to use the 1" as support, then I will need to drill another 1-1/2" bulkhead as an emergency drain. Does anyone think my 1-1/2" drain will be able to keep up with my pump by itself? Or, should I decide now to drill the third drain, because I will need to use the 1" drain along with my 1-1/2"? I hope this makes sense.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire