mardi 27 mai 2014

Questions about 20 gallon saltwater. please answer.

Hi there from the Uk.

I'm new to the forums and marine tanks too, but I have researched so long and STILL have questions that need answering, so somebody recommended these forums.

I bought a 20 gallon bow front tank and have added a fluval sea ps1, obviously a heater, a 800 l/h (200 US Gallons/h) pump to disturb the surface, and finally 4xT5HO lights (4x24w), 2 actinic blue, 2 white.

I plan to buy 15 lbs of Caribsea Seaflor Special Grade Sand (will this be enough?), 10-15kg of live rock (no base rock) and a wave maker with a more broad "beam" (I cant think of what to call it). So here are my questions;



1)Is 15lbs enough, considering I want a goby or two depending on the species.

2)Is 10kg enough live rock?

3)How much flow would you recommend when getting my second "wave maker", considering the one I have ATM has only the job of moving the surface. Would a 2000 lph (500 US gallons/h) be OK?



PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING...



I only plan on having a pair of clowns in the tank so not overstocking it, so I don't know if they prefer different power flows or something because when I have searched it up people say different things.

I am only 15 so don't expect me to have $$$ because I am having to take everything very slowly, especially with a holiday to Spain coming up:cool:

Finally, I only plan on having a FOWLR system for the first couple of months until I have enough money to buy corals and the necessary test kits for them.



I also have no sump and don't want one despite the benefits. When I am older I will definitely upgrade however but that isn't needed right now.



thank you in advance for your help :)




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire