vendredi 30 mai 2014

Just ordered 180g for new build!

So I just ordered a 180 gallon tank from Coast to Coast Aquariums with a steel stand. Eurobraced with Starphire glass on 3 sides. Should be here in 8 weeks. I'm am very excited! Decided to post here since my husband and parents are sick of me talking about the possibilities/options for the tank.



I also ordered a 75g tank from my LFS for my sump.



That's all I have so far. Well technically I have nothing... just tanks on order and a dream for an awesome reef aquarium.



I recently posted a thread about using dry rock/sand and have just come across threads for cooking the rock. So I think I am going to order a few Brute trash cans from Home Depot, the rock from Marco Rocks and maybe BRS, plus some salt mix. Seems like a good time to get started on that processes since it sounds like it can take a while.



I want to go for that minimalist/bonsai look with the rockwork but we will see how my lack of creativity limits me. Has anyone here used the E-marco-400 to bond rocks together? Just saw it on their site but it only has 2 reviews.



Also in the 8 weeks I have to clear out the "tool/construction" area of our house for the tank and add supports for it in the crawl space. Really, I want to make my Dad and husband do that because I can't stand the spiders down there. Otherwise I will have to buy one of those heavy duty paint suits and duct tape the arm and leg holes to gloves and boots. Not sure about the opening for my face. Can I duct tape it to a paint mask with goggles?



Anyways, as I make decisions on other parts of the tank I would love to post here and get any advice people have to offer from their own experiences. Most recently I have been researching LED lighting. Pretty sure I'm going to pick either EcoTech Radions or Vertex Illumina




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire