vendredi 30 mai 2014

Algae problem/ possible cause?

So quick rundown of my setup. I have a 70g DT with a 20L sump with a skimmer/ heater/ return. I have 80lbs. LR and 20lbs. LS. I have two Hydor Phs wit the wave maker and one Tunze Ph. Tank has been running since December 2013. I currently have 2 clowns, 3 B/G chromis, 1 six line wrasse, and 1 chalk bass.



I have green hair algae that doesn't seem to go away. I do bi-weekly water changes and all my parameters are good. The algae grows on my snails, rocks, glass, everywhere. I cant seem to get rid of it. At first I thought it was just the uglies but now I'm not so sure.



I also suspect the cause of the problem. I think I may be over feeding my fish but I don't know how to tell if I am feeding enough. My feeding schedule is:



Morning- Pellets

Night- Frozen Mysis or Frozen marine meal (or something like that, I cant remember the name)



I feed half of one cube of frozen food nightly.



So my question..... Am I over feeding? How often should I feed and how much?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire