mercredi 21 mai 2014

New Reefer: Some Questions

Hi all,



I only started in saltwater 3 months ago and I have a few questions about the stock I have planned along with some questions about some things that have happened during my short period of time with a reef.



I figured I would start with what I am using for equipment.



75 Gallon Tank (drilled) 48" in length

15 Gallon Sump

Eheim Pump-600 GPH

Wave master-1300 GPH

2xPower heads-800 GPH

Reef Octopus HOB (on my sump) skimmer Rated for 105 gallons

Refugium in sump with Live Rock and micro algae

4 inch sock with Purogen and Carbon

80LBS live Rock

36" Marine Land Reef LED Lighting system

200 Watt Fluval submersible heater



Anything that I should consider adding to this system?



I have added 2 fish so far and those being a Occellerus Clown and a Mandarin.



Note: I do understand that the mandarin requires pods which I have been purchasing and my sump is now full of them and I believe they are reproducing at a fast rate.



Now for the fish I had.......



I had a 4 line wrasse that has disappeared??? I actually started in a 40 gallon breeder and decided to bring in the 75 gallon tank. The wrasse had been missing for a couple days but I thought that may be normal so when I transferred everything from one tank to the other I thought I would find him. Nope......I checked each rock, searched the sand bed and nothing. Searched around the aquarium high and low and still nothing. Any idea what could of happened to him?



Which brings me to another question. I have a large amount of hitchhiking brittle star fish. Guessing I would say around 6-8 of them and they are a beige color with black strips. Could they be the reason I cannot find the wrasse or will they become a problem for me?



Now for my stock plan:



I plan to keep the Clown and Mandarin. I have added the fish I plan to add in order of personal preference:

*Yellow Tang

*Orchard Dotty Back

*Flame Angel

*Flasher Wrasse or 4 Line Wrasse

*3xBarletts Anthias

*Possibly a second Clown to pair with my Occellarus



Will this Stock work in my tank or is there any incompatible fish on this list? Also, would this over stock my tank?



Any Suggestions or feedback on this would be appreciated.



Thanks for reading my speal and I do appreciate any input and have enjoyed reading the forums over the last 4-5 months.



Thanks




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire