dimanche 25 mai 2014

Cycling - with LFS water/cured live rock

I set up a 55 gal tank last Tuesday , 60 pounds of fully cured live rock (fiji and branch), aragonite dry sand, aquaclear 110 filter, aqua euro HB skimmer, 2 powerheads.



The first 50 gal (I was short one bucket) of water came from a 5,000 gal tank at the LFS with 40 pounds of live rock. After a superloud emporer 400 filter disaster, I changed to the aquaclear and added the skimmer this last Friday, then added LFS saltwater to the fill-line, added 20 lbs of fully cured branch rock and added the cycle bacteria solution he gave me. All my tests are good with the exception of Nitrate which is at 25. Yesterday I had 11 tiny starfish in the tank and some white fuzzy ball growth (?) and lots of tiny specks zipping around. Today, I have 1 tiny starfish, a few more small fuzzy balls and lots of tiny specks.



What happened to the other starfish?

How will my cycling look like with the cured live rock and LFS water?

Which measurements should I pay special attention to?



Thank you so much!!!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire