dimanche 8 avril 2018

**** sand removal and OCD doesn’t mix

So 2 weeks ago I found out I had the Cyanobacteria lol well I rearranged all of my cheap powerheads to help with getting rid of it and had sand storm kicking something horrible so I decided to change the sand and invest in better power heads since the sand storm caused all of them to start making aweful noises. So I ordered new sand, will arrive tomorrow. Special reef grade this time. so I’ve been finding different ways of sand removal. Used the fishnet for awhile to get the majority of it, then used the turkey to suck some of it out then got the vacuum out pulled the vacuum part off but not the prime bulb, didn’t take long before the prime bulb was slap full of sand, that was a pain to get out. So a couple of days ago I got the bright idea to prime the line with the bulb then pull it off, worked like a charm. So this morning I did my daily 3 gal water change.... getting kind of old changing water everyday but the GHA and Cyanobacteria is under control and/or gone but did my water change and had no sand that I could see on the bottom then I turned on the powerheads for awhile and back in to see this. **** that’s frustrating haha.

So sand will be here tomorrow like I said but I have a quick question. What can I do to reduce any dust in it? Rinse it in water? Soak it? Both? Anything I need to do to the sand before I go pick up my yellow watchman goby? Should I allow the sand to sit in the tank a couple of days or weeks before adding? Just trying to have a game plan.
Thanks guys
Matt

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: image_1523229333927.jpg Views: N/A Size: 34.4 KB ID: 174426   Click image for larger version Name: image_1523229370753.jpg Views: N/A Size: 32.7 KB ID: 174434  


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire