vendredi 20 avril 2018

Tank cycle

So Im new to salt water tanks and in the process of cycling my 20 gal. tank. I've been reading and studying as much as I can, but I'm still l very much a beginner. I placed live dry rock in my tank 5 days after putting down my substrate and water in my tank the rock delay was due to shipping delay. I know now from reading I should have waited. But i started my tank with nitrifying bacteria since day one. Now I'm 14 days in haven't seen any diatoms yet, but from reading I think I should see something by now but I also know most of the diatoms are microscopic. I know patience is key, and still have several weeks for my cycle. My water parameters as of today. Are salinity 1.022 specific gravity, Temp 76, Hardness 10dh, P.H 8.0, Amomonia 0.50ppm, nitratrate 20 ppm. I'm iffy on the nitrate I'm using strips and it's hard to see the nitrate at low levels. I'm also not running my lights. I just wanna know if you always have a visible diatom bloom for a cycle. Also Is there anything else I can do to help my tank build its bacteria system. Or anything I should change.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire